Quality Assurance Program – Conformance Certification
NEBB Provides you with a Certificate of Conformance Certification for the following disciplines:
- Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TAB)
- Vibration Measurement (VM)
- Cleanroom Performance Testing (CPT)
- Building Systems Commissioning (Cx)
- Retro-Commissioning of Existing Buildings (RCx)
- Fume Hood Performance Testing (FHT)
NEBB’s Certificate of Conformance Certification — one more part of NEBB’s Twenty-plus years of Quality Assurance — assures the specifier that the project will be performed in accordance with NEBB’s stringent Procedural Standards for each of its disciplines.
NEBB Conformance Certification coverage is not automatic; application must be made on a project-by-project basis. Failure to apply for the Conformance Certification when required in specifications could result in the suspension of the firm’s NEBB certification, and ultimately in de-certification. The program includes the following elements:
Certificate of Conformance Certification
As evidence of NEBB’s commitment to quality, a unique certificate (with project specific information) is issued for each project covered by a Conformance Certification.
- Rules of Procedure – The Conformance Certification is guided by a written “Rules of Procedure”, which provides a specific procedure for addressing issues of non-conformance with NEBB procedural standards.
- Model Specification – A model specification has been developed which contains appropriate language for incorporating the Conformance Certification in the contract documents by the specifying authority.
The Certificate of Conformance is the latest step in NEBB’s initiatives in establishing standards of high quality in the industry. Since its inception, NEBB has earned — and maintained — its reputation for Quality by:
- Developing comprehensive Procedural Standards for each of its four current disciplines.
- Selecting candidate firms with reputations for responsible and quality performance, and who agree to comply with the objectives of NEBB.
- Certifying NEBB firms only after they have on staff a full-time NEBB-Qualified Certified Professional who has met NEBB’s educational and experience requirements, and passed a battery of written and practical examinations. The firm must also own, and maintain calibration of, a complete set of precision instruments.
- Requiring re-certification biennially for continuous verification that the Certified Firm still has a complete set of required calibrated instruments, and that their qualified Certified Professional has complied with the annual continuing educational requirements.
Download the Conformance Certification Application Form.